Упр. 369. Переведите на русский язык, об. ращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
1. She stood listlessly,her head dropping upon her breast. 2. She rose from the bed and removed her coat and stood motionless,her head bent, her hands clasped before her. 3. Pale-lipped,his heart beating fast, Andrew followed the secretary. 4. Jack sat silent,his long legs stretched ovit. 5. The speaker faced the audience,his hand raised for silence. 6. He sat down quickly,his face buried in his hands. 7. Clyde sat up,his eyes fixed not on anything here but rather on the distant scene at the lake, 8. She hurried along,her heels crunching in the packed snow. Then she sprang away and ran around the desks and benches, with Tom running after her.
Потом она отскочила и побежала вокруг парт и скамеек, а Том бежал за ней.
Упр. 370. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
1. Не slowly and ' arefully spread the paper on the desk,with Loweli closely watching. 2. She wa standing on the rock ready to dive,with the gree. water below inviting her. 3. Twenty minutes latct he came out of number seven, pale,with his lip1 tightly compressed and an odd expression on hi face. 4. Little Oliver Twist was lying on the groum1 with his shirt unbuttoned and his head throw back. 5. The girl wandered away,with tears roli ing down her cheeks. 6. The moonlit road was empty,with the cool wind blowing in their faces. 7. She sat on the steps,with her arms crossed цроп her knees. 8. Then,with her heart beating fast, she went up and rang the bell. 9. Little Paul sat,with his chin resting on his hand. 10. He stood,with his arms folded. 11. Lanny stood looking at the lorry rolling away,with his cheek burning and his fists clenched. 12. She stood there,with her brows frowning, her blue eyes loking before her. 13. He leant a little forward over the table,with his wrists resting upon it. 14. And then came the final moment,with the guards coming for him.
Упр. 371. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя независимый причастный оборот.
1. As the front door was open, she could see straight through the house. 2. Rip had no desire to work on his farm,for it was to his mind the worst piece of land in the neighbourhood. 3. They stood there;the night wind was shaking the drying whispering leaves. 4. As the situation was urgent, we had to go ahead. 5.When the greetings were over, Old Jolyon seated himself in a wicker chair. 6. The town of Crewe is known to be one of the most busy junctions in England:many railway lines pass through it. 7. We set off;the rain was still coming down heavily. 8. After a private sit-tingroom had been engaged, bedrooms inspected and dinner ordered, the party walked out to view the city. 9. Dinner was served on the terrace, asit was very close in the room. 10. Thoughtful, Andrew finished his omelette;his eyes were all the time fixed upon the microscope. 11. There was in fact nothing to wait for, and we got down to work. 12.The question was rather difficult to answer at once,and I asked for permission to think it over. 13. He stood leaning against the wall, his arms were folded. 14. There was very little time left;we had to hurry. 15. Of an evening he read aloud; his small son sat by his side.16. The new engines were safely delivered, all of them were in good order. 17. Our efforts to start the car had failed,and we spent the night in a nearby village. 18. As our work was finished,we went home. 19. If the letter is posted today,the news will reach them tomorrow. 20. If mother permits us,we shall go to the theatre. 21. When the working day was over,she went straight home. 22. As a storm was arising,the ship entered the harbour. 23. When the packing had been done,the girls left for the station. 24. As the stop was a long one,the girls got off the train. 25.As the weather was perfect,Lydia played tennis every day. 26. As the last month was a very busy one,she could not answer her friend's letter. 27. If time permits,we shall come a few days earlier. 28. When the third bell hadgone, the curtain slowly rose. 29.As the underground station was not far,we walked there. 30. Bill could not sleep the whole night, as there was something wrong with his eye. 31. As the rules were very strict,the doorkeeper did not permit Bill to enter.
Запомните следующее предложение:
Time permitting, we shall go for a walk. Если время позволит, мы пойдем гулять.
Упр. 372. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя независимый причастный оборот.
1. Так как было очень поздно, собрание было закрыто. 2. Если погода позволит, мы пойдем на каток. 3. Так как все было готово, она решила отдохнуть. 4. Так как было уже поздно, они никуда не пошли. 5. Так как погода была холодная, Джек спрятал руки в карманы. 6. Так как быстро темнело, она поспешила домой. 7. Когда солнце зашло, сразу стало темно. 8, Так как наш разговор был закончен, я пошел домой. 9. Когда письмо было написано, она быстро побежала на почту отправить его. 10. Так как оставалось еще полчаса до отхода поезда, мы решили поужинать на вокзале. 11. Если погода будет благоприятной, спортсмены могут показать хорошие результаты. 12. Мы долго разговаривали: он задавал мне вопросы, а я охотно на них отвечал. 13. Если условия позволят, я приеду к вам на лето. 14. Так как было очень тепло, дети спали на открытом воздухе. 15. Когда все приготовления были закончены, мы отправились в поход. 16. Корабль медленно плыл вдоль берегов Белого моря; сотни птиц кружились над ним. 17. Было очень темно,
так как на небе не было ни одной звездочки.
18. Когда солнце село, туристы развели костер.
I like seeing a good film.
Seeing a good film is a pleasure.
We thought of seeing a film after supper.
He went home without seeing the film.
Упр. 373. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на герундий.
1. Have you finished writing? 2. Taking a cold shower in the morning is very useful. 3. I like skiing, but my sister prefers skating. 4. She likes sitting in the sun. 5. It looks like raining. 6. My watch wants repairing. 7. Thank you for coming. 8. I had no hope of getting an answer before the end of the month. 9.1 had the pleasure of dancing with her the whole evening. 10. Let's go boating. 11. He talked without stopping. 12. Some people can walk all day without feeling tired. 13. Living in little stuffy rooms means breathing poisonous air. 14. Iron is found by digging in the earth. 15. There are two ways of getting sugar: one from beet and the other from sugar-cane. 16. Jane Eyre was fond of reading. 17. Miss Trotwood was in the habit of asking Mr. Dick his opinion.
Упр. 374. В следующих предложениях замените придаточные дополнительные герундием с предлогом of.
E.g.She thought she would go to the country
for the week-end.
She thought of going to the country for
1. I thought I would come and see you tomorrow.2. I am thinking that I shall go out to the country tomorrow to see my mother. 3.What do you think you will do tomorrow? 4.1 don't know now; I thought
l would go to the zoo,but the weather is so bad that probably I shan't go. 5. I hear there are some English books at our institute book-stall now. - So you are thinking that you will buy some,aren't you? 6.1 thought I would work in the library this evening,but as you have come, I won't go to the library.
Упр. 375. В следующих предложениях замените придаточные времени герундием с предлогом after. E.g. When she had boughteverything she needed, she went home. After buyingeverything she needed, she went home
1. After I had hesitated some minuteswhether to buy the hat or not, I finally decided that I might find one I liked better in another shop. 2. When she had graduated from the university,she left St. Petersburg and went to teach in her home town.
3. When he had proved that his theory was correct,he started studying ways and means of improving the conditions of work in very deep coalmines.
4. After she took the child to the kindergarten,she went to the library to study for her examination.
5. When he had made a thorough study of the subject,he found that it was a great deal more important than he had thought at first.
Упр. 376. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные формы герундия.
1. Watching football matches may be exciting enough, but of course it is more exciting playing football. 2. She stopped coming to see us, and I wondered what had happened to her. 3. Can you remember having seen the man before? 4. She was terrified of having to speak to anybody, and even more, of being spoken to. 5. He was on the point of leaving the club, as the porter stopped him. 6. After being corrected by the teacher, the students' papers were returned to them. 7. I wondered at my mother's having allowed the journey. 8.1 understand perfectly your wishing to start the work at once. 9. Everybody will discuss the event, there is no preventing it. 10. At last he broke the silence by inviting everybody to walk into the dining-room. 11. On being told the news she turned pale. 12. The place is worth visiting.
Запомните следующие глаголы и выражения, требующие после себя герундия
to avoid to burst out cannot help to deny to enjoy
to excuse to finish to forgive to give up to go on
to keep (on) to mind1 to postpone to put off to stop
Упр. 377. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на герундий.
1. I avoided speaking to them about that matter. 2. She burst out crying. 3. They burst out laughing. 4. She denied having been at home that evening. 5. He enjoyed talking of the pleasures of travelling. 6. Excuse my leaving you at such a moment. 7. Please forgive my interfering. 8. He gave up smoking a few years ago. 9. They went on talking. 10. He keeps insisting on my going to the south. 11. Oh please do stop laughing at him. 12. Do you mind my asking you a difficult question? 13. Would you mind coming again in a day or two? 14. I don't mind wearing this dress. 15. She could not help smiling. 16. I cannot put off doing this translation. 17. Though David was tired, he went on walking in the direction of Dover.
©2015- 2019 megalektsii.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.