СОГЛАСОВАНИЕ ВРЕМЕН КОСВЕННАЯ РЕЧЬ
Употребляя простые предложения в роли придаточных дополнительных при главном предложении в прошедшем времени, сдвигайте время-
Упр. 283. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление времен в русском и английском языках.
1. I knew that you were ill. 2. I knew that you had been ill. 3. We found that she left home at eight o'clock every morning. 4. We found that she had left home at eight o'clock that morning. 5. When he learnt that his son always received excellent marks in all the subjects at school, ho was very pleased. 6. When he learnt that his son had received an excellent mark at school, he was very pleased. 7. We did not know where our friends went every evening. 8. We did not know where our friends had gone. 9. She said that her best friend was a doctor. 10. She said that her best friend had been a doctor. 11. I didn't know that you worked at the Hermitage. 12. I didn't know that you had worked at the Hermitage.
Упр, 284. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на .зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. My uncle says he has just come back from the Caucasus. 2. He says he has spent a fortnight in the Caucasus. 3. He says it did him a lot of good. 4. He says he feels better now. 5. He says his wife and he spent most of their time on the beach. 6. He says they did a lot of sightseeing. 7. He says he has a good camera. 8. He says he took many photographs while travelling in the Caucasus. 9. He says he will come to see us next Sunday. 10. He says he will bring and show us the photographs he took during his stay in the Caucasus.
Упр. 285. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. Nick says he is going to the hotel to see his friends, who have just arrived in St. Petersburg from the United States of America. 2. He says they have not been here for a long time. 3. He says they were friends at school. 4. He says he will take them to the theatre on Sunday. 5. They say they will write me a letter when they return home. 6. Mike says he is sure Ann and Kate will be excellent guides. 7. He says they have made good progress in English. 8. Oleg says that in a day or two several English students will come to pay a visit to their school and he will probably have to act as interpreter. 9. Ann says she has just met Boris in the street. 10. She says Boris told her a lot of interesting things about his travels in the south.
Упр. 286. Раскройте скобки, выбирая требующееся время глагола.
1. Не said he (is staying, was staying) at the "Ritz" Hotel. 2. They realized that they (lost, had lost) their way in the dark. 3. He asked me where I (study, studied). 4. I thought that I (shall finish, should finish) my work at that time. 5 He says he (works, worked) at school two years ago. 6. Victor said he (is, was) very busy. 8. My friend asked me who (is playing, was playing) the piano in the sitting-room. 9. He said he (will come, would come) to the station to see me off. 10. I was sure he (posted, had posted) the letter. 11. I think the weather (will be, would be) fine next week. I hope it (will not change, would not change) for the worse. 12. I knew that he (is, was) a very clever man. 13.1 want to know what he (has bought, had bought) for her birthday. 14. I asked my sister to tell me what she (has seen, had seen) at the museum.
Упр. 287. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Не said he (to leave) tomorrow morning. 2. She says she already (to find) the book. 3. He stopped and listened: the clock (to strike) five. 4. She said she (can) not tell me the right time, her watch (to be) wrong. 5. I asked my neighbour if he ever (to travel) by air before. 6. The policeman asked George where he (to run) so early. 7. The delegates were told that the guide just (to go) out and (to be) back in ten minutes. 8. I knew they (to wait) for me at the metro station and I decided to hurry. 9. I didn't know that you already (to wind) up the clock. 10. I was afraid that the little girl (not to be) able to unlock the front door and (to go) upstairs to help her. 11. He says that he (to know) the laws of the country. 12. Sarie understood why Lanny (not to come) the previous evening. 13. She abked me whether I (to remember) the legend about a faithful lion. 14. He understood that the soldiers (to arrest) him. 15. He could not understand why people (not to want) to take water from that well. 16.1 suppose they (to send) a dog after the burglar immediately.
Упр. 288. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные дополнительные, в роли главных используя предложения, данные к скобках. Сдвигайте времена в соответствии г правилом согласования времен.
1. The children are playing in the yard. (She thought) 2. Her friend will come to see her. (She hoped) 3. Father has repaired his bicycle. (He thought) 4. She knows English very well. (I sup posed) 5, Our sportsmen will win the game. (We were sure) 6. She made no mistakes in her dicta tion. (She was glad) 7. He works at his English hard. (I knew) 8. She dances better than anybody else, (I was told) 9. My cousin has received a very interesting offer from his firm. (I learnt) 10. She will come to stay with us. (My aunt wrote in her letter) 11. He is painting a new picture. (We heard) 12. His new picture will be a masterpiece. (We were sure) 13. You will fall and break your leg. (I was afraid) 14. My friend has never been to Washington. (I knew) 15. She never drinks milk. (I was told) 16. He is a very talented singer. (We were told) 17. They live a happy life. (We knew) 18. He does not know German at all. (I found out)
Упр. 289. Переведите на английский язык, соблюдая правило согласования времен.
1. Мы вчера узнали, что она больна. 2. Он думал, что она не придет в школу. 3. Я знал, что моя сестра изучает французский язык, и думал, что она поедет в Париж. 4. Мне сказали, что ты мне звонил. 5. Я думал, что ты в Москве. 6. Я не знал, что ты уже вернулся в Санкт-Петербург. 7. Я боялся, что заблужусь в лесу. 8. Она знала, что мы никогда не видели ее картины. 9. Ученый был уверен, что найдет решение проблемы. 10. Я знал, что ты приехал в Санкт-Петербург, и полагал, что ты навестишь меня. 11. Мы не думали, что он так рассердится. 12. Мы надеялись, что поедем в Лондон. 13. Учитель сказал, что наши друзья прислали письмо из Лондона. 14. Она сказала, что ее подруга пригласила ее в театр. .15. Мы боялись, что не купим билета в театр. 16. Мы увидели, что дети играют в песке. 17. Она сказала, что больше не будет купаться, потому что вода холодная. 18. Мой дедушка сказал, что в молодости он любил кататься на коньках. 19. Моя двоюродная сестра сказала, что любит оперу и будет рада пойти с нами в театр, хотя уже дважды слушала "Травиату."
Упр. 290. Переведите на английский язык, соблюдая правило согласования времен.
1. Все были уверены, что Борис хорошо сдаст экзамены. 2. Он говорил, что Лев Толстой его любимый писатель. 3. Я знал, что вы живете в Москве, но не знал вашего адреса. 4. Он сказал, что бросит курить. 5. Все знали, что она поедет в Рим. 6. Простите, мы не думали, что вы ждете нас. 7. Я не знал, что вы тоже любите футбол. 8. Я был уверен, что он будет выдающимся артистом. 9. Я боялся, что вы не последуете моему совету. 10. Я думал, что он подождет меня. 11. Я не знал, что ты будешь работать в читальном зале. 12. Он боялся, что ему будет трудно сделать доклад. 13. Он сказал нам, что когда он вошел в комнату, его друг уже сидел на диване. Он читал газету. 14. Мы надеялись, что она скоро придет. 15. Он сказал, что не знает, когда начнется конференция. 16. Я был уверен, что если мы поспешим, мы не опоздаем на поезд. 17. Он спросил меня, что я буду делать вечером. Я ответил, что не знаю, буду ли я свободен вечером, но сказал, что если буду свободен, то позвоню ему часов в восемь.
Упр. 291. Переведите на английский язык, соблюдая правило согласования времен.
1. Сестра сказала, что хочет приехать к нам сама. 2. Я знала, что она очень занята. 3. Никто не знал, что вы ждете здесь. Пойдемте в дом. 4. Гид предупредил нас, что в этой части города движение довольно сильное. 5. Секретарь не заметил, что директор с кем-то разговаривает. 6. Все мы знали, что ее семья опять в Санкт-Петербурге. 7. Лена сказала, что она дарит нам эту картину. 8. Я знала, что она работает на заводе, что у нее есть муж и двое детей, что семья у нее очень дружная и она счастлива. 9. Она сказала, что ее коллеги всегда дают ей прекрасные советы. 10. Он сказал, что любит эту пьесу. 11. В прошлом году они думали, что никогда не будут хорошо читать по-английски, но вчера они увидели, что читают тексты довольно хорошо.
12. Он сказал мне вчера, что его отец — профессор и живет в Москве. 13. Он сказал мне вчера, что раньше он учился в университете. 14. Мы решили на прошлой неделе, что будущим летом мы все поедем в Крым.
Упр. 292. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "Go home," said the teacher to us. 2. "Buy some meat in the shop," said my mother to me. 3. "Sit down at the table and do your homework," said my mother to me. 4. "Don't forget to clean your teeth," said granny to Helen. 5. "Don't sit up late," said the doctor to Mary. 6. The doctor said to Pete: "Don't go for a walk today." 7. "Don't eat too much ice-cream," said Nick's mother to him. 8. "Explain to me how to solve this problem," said my friend to me. 9. The doctor said to Nick: "Open your mouth and show me your tongue." 10. "Don't be afraid of my dog," said the man to Kate. 11. "Take this book and read it," said the librarian to the boy.
Упр. 293. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to us: "Come here tomorrow." 2. I said to Mike: "Send me a telegram as soon as you arrive." 3. Father said to me: "Don't stay there long." 4. Peter said to them: "Don't leave the room until I come back." 5. "Take my luggage to Room 145," he said to the porter. 6. He said to me: "Ring me up tomorrow." 7. "Bring me a cup of black coffee," she said to the waiter. 8. "Don't be late for dinner," said other to us. 9. Jane said to us: "Please tell me all you know about it." 10. She said to Nick: "Please don't say anything about it to your sister." 11. The teacher said to me: "Hand"this note to your parents, please." 12. Oleg said to his sister: "Put the letter into an envelope and give it to Kate." 13. "Please help me with this work, Henry," said Robert. 14. "Please bring me some fish soup," he said to the waitress, 15. "Don't worry over such a small thing," she said to me. 16. "Please don't mention it to anybody," Mary said to her friend. 17. "Promise to come and see me," said Jane to Alice.
Упр. 294. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "My friend lives in Moscow," said Alec. 2. "You have not done your work well," said the teacher to me. 3. The poor man said to the rich man: "My horse is wild. It can kill your horse." 4. The rich man said to the judge: "This man's horse has killed my horse." 5. "This man spoke to me on the road," said the woman. 6. "I can't explain this rule to you," said my classmate to me, 7. The teacher said to the class: "We shall discuss this subject tomorrow." 8. The woman said to her son: "I am glad I am here." 9. Mike said: "We have bought these books today." 10. She said to me: "Now I can read your translation," 11. Our teacher said: "Thackeray's novels are very interesting." 12. She said: "You will read this book in the 9th form." 13. Nellie said: "I read 'Jane Eyre' last year."
Упр. 295. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Masha said: "I usually spend my holidays in the south." 2. She said: "I spent my holidays in the Crimea last year." 3. Boris said: "I go to the south every year." 4. He said: "I am going to a rest-home tomorrow." 5. Ann said to us: "They haven't yet come." 6. She said to us: "They arrived in St. Petersburg yesterday." 7. I said: "I was in London last year. My friends in London sometimes invite me to spend my holidays with them." 8. Nick said: "I have never been to London. I think I shall go there next year." 9. He said: "I shall not stay with my friends too long." 10. He said to me: "They are staying at the 'Europe' hotel. 11. He said: "They are leaving next Monday." 12. The clerk said to them: "You can leave the key with the maid upstairs."
Упр. 296. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи,
1. Oleg said: "My room is on the second floor 2. He said: "I am sure she will ring me up when she is back in St. Petersburg." 3, Misha said: "I saw them at my parents' house last year." 4. He said: "I haven't seen my cousin today." 5. "1 don't go to this shop very often," she said. 6. Tom said: "I have already had breakfast, so I am not hun gry." 7. He said: "I have just received a letter from my uncle." 8. "I am going to the theatre tonight," he said to me. 9. Mike said: "I spoke to Mr. Brown this morning." 10. He said to her: "I shall do it [ today if I have time." 11. I said to them: "I can give you my uncle's address."
Упр. 297. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to me: "I want to see you today." 2. She said: "I am free tonight". 3. Mother said to me: "I feel bad today." 4. The pupil said to the teacher: " I can do my homework after dinner." 5. The teacher said to Jack: "You work hard, I know. You are a good boy." 6. The teacher said to the pupils: "Next year we shall have six hours of English a week." 7. The old man said to the girl: "You can sing perfectly. I think you will be a famous singer." 8. My sister said to me: "You look very well, much better than you looked yesterday. I think you have recovered after your illness." 9. My brother said to me: "I am going to become a doctor." 10. My uncle said to us: "I buy several newspapers every day." 11. "You are an excellent cook. Everything is so tasty," said my guest to me. 12. The student said: "I can't answer this ques tion. I don't understand it." 13. The mother said: "The children are in the nursery, doctor." 14. "I have no time for lunch today," said the boy to his mother. 15. "You speak English very well," said the woman to me.
Упр. 298. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи. Употребляйте любое существительное или местоимение в роли подлежащего главного предложения.
1. I shall do it now if you like. 2. My brother was here today. 3. It's a pity you didn't come earlier. 4. There will be an interesting lecture at the school assembly-hall tomorrow. One- of our teachers will speak about Charles Dickens. 5. Last year I spent my summer vacation in the Caucasus. 6. I came to live in this town several years ago. 7. I have read all about it in today's newspaper. 8. They finished building this house only last week. 9. Five years ago there were no people living here at all. 10. I shall go skiing on Sunday if I have time. 11. It will be so pleasant when Tom comes home. 12.1 shall come as soon as I am ready. 13. You will know that I have gone to the concert if I am not at home by eight. 14.1 shall come to the Philharmonic with you if you get tickets. 15. I'll be reading you a story until it is time to go to bed.
Упр. 299. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "When I get a job, I'll buy you. a warm coat," said the boy's father. 2. "If you spill the milk, there won't be any for the cat," said my mother to me. 3. "When you come to see me on Sunday, I shall show you my new dress," she said to me. . "If Mary arrives before seven, bring her to our house for the evening," said Jane to Henry. . "When your turn comes, listen very carefully to hat the doctor tells you," I said to my grandmother. 6. "If you are in a hurry, we shall make only the first experiment," said the laboratory assistant to me. 7. "I shan't start anything new un-'til I have finished this novel," said the writer to the correspondent. 8. "Don't wait until I come. As soon as you finish the exercises, begin playing volley-ball," said the PT teacher to the pupils. 9."As "soon as Robert appears, ask him where he put the dictionary," said Mary to her mother.
©2015- 2020 megalektsii.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.