Упр. 244. Раскройте скобки, употребляя гла-голы в требующемся времени.
1. The day (to be) cold and it (to rain). When I (to reach) home, my raincoat (to be) all wet. I (to take) it off, (to shake) the water off it, (to hang) it up and (to go) into the living-room. My children (to play) on the carpet. When they (to see) me, they (to jump) up and (to run) up to me. 2. I (to hear) this song several times already, but I cannot remember the words. I (to write) them down as soon as I (to hear) this song again. 3. Hardly1 he (to open) the suit-case, when he (to find) the tie which he (to think) he (to lose) long before. 4. Shut the door! The room (to be) full of smells which (to come) from the kitchen. Mother (not to like) kitchen smells in the room. 5. Last night he (to finish) the book which he (to begin) writing a year ago. 6. He said he (to listen) to the same stories for a long time. 7. By the evening he (to translate) ten pages. 8. You ever (to be) to the new stadium? — Yes, I (to be) there last Saturday. 9. The old lady was happy: she (not to see) her son for three years. 10. What you (to do) yesterday? 11. How many pages you (to translate) for today?
Упр. 245. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. You always (to spend) summer at the sea side? — Yes, as a rule. Last summer I (to go) t-> the mountains, but I (not to find) the rest there a.^ pleasant as near the sea. 2. When they returned, they (to tell) us many interesting things which the~ (to see) during their journey. 3. When I (to leave home, it (to rain). 4. By the end of the year he
read) about two hundred pages. 5. We were happy when the sun (to rise), for the night (to be) very cold. 6. Where you (to put) my dictionary? I cannot find it anywhere. 7. I (not yet to fall) asleep when the telephone (to ring). 8. What you (to do) from six till nine yesterday? 9. The children (to play) here at eleven o'clock, but now they (to go) home. 10. Go to see your old grandfather as soon as you (to arrive) in Novgorod. 11. At last the librarian (to give) me the book which I (to wait) for during two months. I was very glad. I (to go) home and (to begin) reading it at once. 12. Don't speak to him: he (to be) very busy, he (to do) some very urgent work, 13. I did not want him to go there: I (to be) afraid that something (to happen). 14. I did not notice that my watch (to stop), and when I (to arrive) at the station, my train (to leave) and I (to have) to ask when the next train (to come). 15. He (to wait) for fifteen minutes when at last he (to see) her at the end of the platform.
Упр. 246. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. What you (to do) here? — I (to prepare) for my report. — How long you (to prepare) for it? — Oh, I (to work) since morning. 2. He (to teach) at school for five years when the war (to break) out. 3. She (to study) English since last year. 4. What you (to read)? — I (to read) a magazine. — How long you (to read) it? — I (to read) it for half an hour. 5. She (to live) in Moscow for ten years when her sister (to come) to live with her. 6. Our teacher (to come). Now he (to speak) with our monitor. 7. They (to speak) when I (to look) at them. 8. I (to walk) about an hour when I (to see) a little house not far from the river. 9. When he (to read) the newspaper, he (to give) it to his brother. 10. Ho (to leave) for Rostov in 1990 and since then he (to live) there. 11. At this time tomorrow we (to discuss) your report. 12. Now she (to read) the book which I (to give) her yesterday. 13. You ever (to be) to London? — Yes, I (to be) there last summer. 14. What your friend (to do) now? — She (to have) dinner. She usually (to have) dinner at this time. 15. I (to buy) a new dress. I (to show) it to you tomorrow when you (to come) to my place. 16. So you begin working tomorrow! And who (to take) care of your children when you (to go) to work? 17. Hello, Peter! Where you (to go)? — I (to go) to the library.
Упр. 247. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. On entering the drawing-room he (to find) that his two friends (to get) up and (to wait) for him. 2. The sportsmen (to train) since early morning; now they (to go) over the high jump, as they (not to be) satisfied with their results. 3. Five minutes (not to pass) when the train for which we (to wait) (to appear) in the distance. 4. Tomorrow father (to come) late. We (to do) all our homework and (to drink) tea when he (to come). 5. When Mrs. Smith (to come) home yesterday, she (to see) that her daughter (to cook) supper and (to wait) for her with the table laid. 6. Where is Nick? — He (not to be) at home, he (to go) to the cinema. Wait for him, he (to come) in half an hour. 7. It was very late. I (to go) to bed and (to fall) asleep when my father (to return) home. 8. I'll join you when I (to drink) my tea. 9. When I (to come), he (to live) in the same old house where I first (to meet) him. He (to tell) me he (to wait) for me for already some time. 10. The pupils (to do) a lot of exercises before they (to learn) to write dictations well. 11. I could not hear a sound: they (to stop) talking.
Упр. 248. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. When we (to come) to the station, the train already (to arrive). The passengers (to hurry) to occupy their seats in the carriages. 2. The concert (to be) a greater success than we (to expect). We were very glad. 3. He (to tell) me that if no one (to Icome) to meet me at the station, I (can) leave the suit-cases in the cloak-room and go to the hotel where he (to reserve) a room for me. 4. He (to be) here five minutes ago, but you (to be) out. He (to ask) me to tell you that he (to come) again tonight. 5. Lanny (to return) home after seven years of absence. During these seven years he (to study) in Cape Town where his people (to send) him. Lanny was glad at the thought that he (to do) what they (to hope) he (to do) and that soon he (to be) among his people again. 6. You (to read) "The Murder of Roger Ack-royd" by Agatha Christie? — No, I (not yet to read) it. But I (to hear) that it (to be) a very interesting book. I (to read) it as soon as I (to get) it.
Упр. 249. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. When we (to come) to the station, our train already (to leave), and we (to have) to wait for two hours before another one (to come). 2. I was anxious to see the place where I (to spend) my childhood. 3. Victor asked me to explain the new rule to him, as he (to miss) the previous lesson. 4. John Gray (to visit) Russia in 1989 and (not to be) here since that time. 5. When the train (to stop), I (to look) out of the window but (not to see) any of my friends there. I (to send) them a telegram and hoped that they (to meet) me. As I (to discover) later, they (to receive) it ten minutes before the train arrived and could not meet me. 6. We were greatly surprised not to find Ann at home. It turned out that her sister (to forget) to give her our message, and Ann (to leave) the house fifteen minutes before we (to come). 7. I decided not to put on my raincoat as it (to stop) raining already and the sun (to shine) brightly. 8. The young people entered the theatre. The performance already (to begin), and they (to have) to wait till the first act (to be) over. Nina never (to be) here before and she (to like) the theatre very much. 9. I did not recognize Helen as I (not to see) her for a very long time and she greatly (to change). 10. The sight of the school building brought back the old days to us. Here we (to spend) many years together. We (to learn) to read and write; here we (to experience) our first joys and sorrows. We recollected our first day at school, how we (to come) to our first lesson looking alarmed and excited. 11. When the teacher told the boy to recite the poem, the boy (to burst) into tears: he (not to remember) anything, though he (to try) to learn his lesson so hard. 12. Jane usually works in the library. She (to work) there now. She already (to gather) the necessary material and now she (to write) her report.
Упр. 250. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
ANN. Hello, Kate. I am so glad you (to come) at last. Where you (to spend) the morning?
KATE. I (to be) in the bookstore choosing new books in English.
ANN. It (to rain) still? It (to be) rather dark in the room.
KATE. No, the rain (to stop), but the wind (to blow). On my way to your place I (to meet) Mary. You (to know) her?
ANN. Of course I .... I (to know) her since childhood. When we (to be) children, we often (to play) together. Where you (to meet) her? I (not to see) her for a long time. What she (to look) like?
KATE. She (not to change) a bit. She (to go) to the library when I (to meet) her.
ANN. What she (to tell) you?
KATE. She (to tell) me she recently (to return) from a very interesting trip and that she (to travel) a lot and (to see) many interesting things. She (to want) to see all her friends soon.
ANN. Oh, then she (to come) to see me, too, I (to think).
KATE. Yes, that (to be) a pleasant meeting, I (to be) sure. But what (to be) the time? My watch (to stop) and I (not to know) the exact time.
ANN. It (to be) ten minutes to three.
KATE. Oh, then let's begin working at once. At four o'clock I must go. My mother (to wait)
for me at the metro station at a quarter
©2015- 2022 megalektsii.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.