Составьте З разделительных вопроса по каждому образцу.
Образец 1: These areyour new group-mates, aren'tthey? Образец 2: You have gota lot of books on geology, haven'tyou? Образец 3: She hasn't gotany sisters or brothers, has she? Образец 4: You understandme, don'tyou? Образец 5: You don't knowthis man, do you? Образец 6: She likesto play sports, doesn'tshe? Образец 7: You didn't goto the party yesterday, didyou? Образец 8: She toldyou about a change in our plan, didn'tshe?
32. Дополните разделительные вопросы по образцу.
Geology is both a theoretical and applied science, isn 't it? You don't take part in this research project, do you?
1 - You aren 't a student,________ ?
- No, I'm a teacher.
2. Many students at your institute play different sports,
3. All your students know the name of the outstanding Russian
4. He isn't a full-time student,__________ ?
5. You passed all your exams last year,_________ ?
6. She graduated from the institute two years ago,______ ?
7. You don't speak English,_________ ?
8. This is your teacher of English,___________ ?
33. Прочитайте текст В без словаря. Кратко суммируйте его содержание.
In pre-revolutionary Russia there were several higher mining schools which trained geologists and mining engineers. The oldest Russian school of mining was in St.Petersburg, where some well-known scientists taught: A.P. Karpinsky, B.I. Boky and others. Among the famous scientists who lectured at the Yekaterinoslav (now Dnepropetrovsk) Mining Institute was Professor I.K. Sobo-levsky, whose subject was mine surveying and geodesy.
The Technological Institute in Tomsk was opened in 1900. It was the oldest industrial and cultural centre of Siberia. The Tomsk Technological Institute had three departments: engineering, chemical and mining. The Don Polytechnic Institute founded in Novocherkassk in 1907 also had a mining department. In 1916 a new Mining Institute in Yekaterinburg came into existence.
The total number of students did not exceed two thousand with only 60 to 70 mining engineers who graduated from mining institutes each year. That was far below the number needed. It was quite obvious that the small number of these institutions could not cope with the problem of training specialists in the field of mining and geology. Little
wonder that there was a shortage of mining engineers and geologists in the mining regions of pre-revolutionary Russia.
After the Revolution the Moscow Mining Academy was the first higher mining educational establishment. In the early thirties the Academy established close contacts with the coal, oil and ore mining industries. The Academy's scientists carried out research in the Kursk Magnetic Anomaly, in the Donbas and in other industrial areas.
The need for geologists and mining engineers increased so much that the Academy could not cope with the problem of training a large number of specialists for the country. Among the new colleges which grew out of the Academy were the Moscow Mining Institute, the Oil Institute, the Institute of Geological Prospecting and others.
In 1950 a new mining institute appeared in Kemerovo, the centre of the coal and chemical industries in West Siberia. The In-x stitute trained mining engineers for the coal and ore mining industries of the Kuzbas. Later the Kemerovo Mining Institute was transformed into the Polytechnic Institute which is now one of the largest and most important engineering colleges in West Siberia.
34. Найдите • каждом абзаце текста предложение, выражающее его ос
35. Прочитайте первые два абзаца текста и перечислите все горные
36. Найдите в тексте предложения, в которых дается оценка дея
37. Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты следующих русских слов
высшие учебные заведения; известные ученые; основы-вать; контингент студентов; справляться с (чём-л.); не удиви-тельно, что; недостаток горных инженеров и геологов; в на-чале 30-х годов; проводить исследования; к тому времени; большое количество? среди новых институтов; появляться; горнорудная промышленность; преобразовывать
38. Дополните следующие вопросы и дайте ответы по тексту.
1. How many_________ in pre-revolutionary Russia?
2. Where__________ the oldest Russian school of mining?
3.What well-known __________ taught at St.Petersburg
School of Mining?
4. What subject__________ Professor Sobolevsky________ ?
5. When __________ a mining institute in Yekaterinburg
___________ into existence?
6.__________ a shortage of mining engineers and geologists in
7. What new mining institute ____________ in 1950 in
39. Определите, какой из трех заголовке» лучше всего соответствует
1. Mining Education in Russia.
2. Mining Education in Siberia and the Far East.
3. The Development of Mining Education in Russia.
40. а) Переведите текст со словарем:
In his book "Reminiscences of a Mining Engineer" Academician A.M. Terpigorev writes: "What I want to say to the young people of our country is: 'Love your work, put your heart and soul, all your knowledge and ability into it, and above all, never shirk small jobs, for it is small things that make up a great accomplishment. Be true patriots!
'If you love your people, if you link up your whole life with them and give them all your energy and knowledge, the people will respond with love and recognition. That is the conclusion I have drawn from my own life.' "
Б) Выразите свое отношение к словам А.М. Терпнгорева.
ГРАММАТИКА 1. Основные формы глагола
Знание основных форм глагола поможет вам лучше ориентироваться в системе времен английского языка, в их понимании и употреблении.
©2015- 2022 megalektsii.ru Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав.